RFID Asset Management Software
RFID asset tracking for automated, real-time information on your assets.
RFID Asset Tracking Software
RFID asset management software is ideal for automating the physical inventory process. Our real-time asset tracking solutions can monitor location and room-level assets. Benefits of asset tracking with RFID include:
- Ease of operation – Unlike other methods, passive RFID solutions work in the background to streamline processes.
- More information for your organization – Any company knows that the more information you have, the better. Our real-time asset tracking solutions provide plenty of information about your inventory to keep your entire team in the loop.
- Guarantees Accurate Data: Integrations with other departments automate information sharing, creating efficiency and greater accuracy, and ensuring consistent data is shared throughout the organization.
- Preserves Employees’ Time – Automating operations creates efficiency by removing manual asset tracking and management steps.
- Allows for Asset Lifecycle Management: We can build you a fully automated solution for the entire lifecycle of your IT assets. We can tag your assets when they are with the vendor and track them in Asset Vue Inventory (AVI) through all stages, including the decommissioning stage.
- Provides Automatic Alerts: AVI can send you alerts as your IT assets change status and location.
- Ensures Ease of Asset Auditing: Some organizations rely on RFID for accounting and regulatory purposes. This technology enhances the auditing process and prevents personnel from having to crawl under desks or reach behind heavy equipment to track down barcodes or serial number
Real-Time Asset Tracking Tools
Technology is ever-advancing, and so are we. Instead of tracking your inventory with pen and paper, directors and managers can receive real-time asset information with passive RFID solutions. Asset Vue offers a host of IT asset management solutions using RFID technology that is ideal for an array of physical equipment, including:
- Hard Drives
- Network Equipment
Two of our top-rated solutions include the Real-Time Rack and our Smart Cabinet. Our innovative Real-Time Rack solution reads passive RFID tags within metal racks and can pinpoint their location down to the tee.
Even disc drives in the decommissioning stage that have yet to be destroyed are essential for your company. It’s important to track these assets and ensure that critical information isn’t improperly moved, stolen, or used for things that aren’t relevant. We have a product that solves this challenge. Our Smart Cabinet provides real-time tracking of SSDs and other offline media using our RFID asset management software.
No matter your chosen solution, you can expect to experience a faster and more accurate asset management process. Schedule a call today with our team and experience firsthand how our RFID for real-time asset tracking can benefit your organization.
Passive vs Active RFID Tags
There are two types of RFID tags; active RFID and passive RFID. Active RFID tags are always-on because they are battery-powered, while passive RFID tags are manually activated, giving you more flexibility in utilizing your RFID tags. Passive RFID tags from Asset Vue also come at a lower price point, providing equal, if not better, value than the competition.
With our passive RFID asset management software, you can monitor assets in your building without interacting with them physically. Our innovations have improved the capabilities of passive RFID and made our solutions more cost-effective for our clients.
Industries That Benefit From RFID Asset Tracking Software
The industries that benefit the most include:
- Industries that are heavily regulated, such as government agencies, rely on RFID for asset auditing to stay in compliance.
- Data center managers need to know which servers may be out of service but are still using power.
- Finance departments benefit from knowing where IT assets are located as it impacts depreciation costs and use taxes. In fact, we saved over a million dollars for a client in their first year of using Asset Vue Inventory through proper depreciation and identifying location for use taxes.
- University IT departments can benefit from using RFID for real-time asset tracking to track the lifecycle status of organization assets.
- First-responders can use our software to maintain real-time reports of the inventory in their vehicles.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Manufacturing and warehouses
- Health Care
- Facilities Management
- Clothing and garment rental
What is RFID asset tracking?
RFID asset tracking is a system that uses RFID tags and electromagnetic readers to collect data from fixed or movable assets. It helps companies automate the manual processes of asset management, significantly reducing time, energy, and costs.
How does RFID Asset Tracking work?
RFID Asset Tracking is a technology that uses radio waves to track and manage physical assets. It involves the use of RFID tags, readers, antennas, and asset tracking software. RFID tags are attached to assets and contain data such as name, condition, quantity, and location. When an RFID reader detects a nearby tag, it wirelessly transmits the data to an asset tracking database where it is stored, evaluated, and actioned.
What are the advantages of using an RFID tracking system?
With RFID, accuracy is improved from an average of 65% to over 95%, reducing errors and minimizing the chance of mistakes made by humans. RFID also streamlines receiving time, leading to a 90% improvement and reducing labor time significantly. In terms of durability, RFID tags are less likely to become unreadable than barcodes and can withstand harsh weather conditions.
What type of data can be collected with an RFID tracking system?
An RFID tracking system can collect various types of data, including the location, condition, and maintenance needs of the assets. The collected data can be stored on a computer system and used to optimize asset usage, manage inventory, monitor stock levels, and track the movement of goods.
The components of RFID Asset Management
1. RFID Tags
RFID tags are intelligent barcodes that use radio frequency technology to identify assets. They can store a range of information, from a serial number to data on manufacture, condition, location, movements, and storage requirements. There are three types of RFID tags – passive, active, and semi-passive. Passive tags don’t use batteries and are smaller and less expensive, with shorter read ranges. Active tags are larger and more expensive, with longer read ranges. Semi-passive tags are a combination of both.
2. RFID Reader
RFID readers use internal antennas to emit radio waves and retrieve signals from RFID tags. Readers can be mobile or mounted, and they evaluate information in real-time, transmitting data to a software system where it is stored and referenced as needed. There are two types of RFID readers used in RFID Asset Management: handheld RFID readers and fixed readers. Handheld RFID readers interact with RFID asset tags and are portable, making them ideal for tracking movable assets. Fixed readers are stationary and used to track fixed assets.
3. Asset Tracking Software
Asset Tracking Software is a crucial component of RFID Asset Management, enabling to track and monitor their assets in real-time.
4. Barcode Labels
Barcode labels are a popular choice for businesses in RFID asset management. These labels are cheap, easy to use, and can be printed at home. There are various types of barcode labels, including 1D and 2D labels, that can be scanned by a barcode scanner to retrieve information about the asset. The benefits of using barcode labels in conjunction with RFID technology include cost-effectiveness and ease of use.
How to set up an RFID asset tracking system
- Step 1: Choose an asset tracking solution
- Step 2: Add assets to the system
- Step 3: Configure the RFID tag reader
- Step 4: Set up workflow rules
- Step 5: Configure notifications, such as asset movement or low inventory
- Step 6: Track progress with reports
- Step 7: Manage users accounts
Discover a Better Way to Track Your Assets
Outdated RFID tracking systems do nothing but waste your time and energy. Instead of relying on these older methods, learn about a better way to track assets by contacting the Asset Vue team. Our RFID asset tracking software provides a unique opportunity for your organization to save time, ensure accurate inventory counts, and streamline your team in more ways than ever. Schedule a call with our team today for the RFID asset management software that every organization deserves.
At Asset Vue, our RFID asset management software will enable you to monitor every asset, including where they are and if it’s secure, up-to-date, and operating efficiently. Our turnkey real-time asset tracking solutions give you immediate access to this data on the web or on our handy mobile app. With this technology, your business can prevent inventory inefficiencies and lost equipment and track company assets across all employees.