How to Avoid a Treasure Hunt in Your Data Center
Join Dave Cole of No Limits Software and our very own John Consoli as they discuss enhancing the value and accuracy of DCIM by automating the data collection process! Learn how IT Asset Management (ITAM) can help you avoid a data center treasure hunt by making it easier to track your data center assets in any data center environment.
During this webinar you will learn how to:
- Get a better treasure map. Instead of sifting through spreadsheets or blindly searching for data center assets, like servers, storage and switches, Consoli recommends developing an accurate “map” using RFID tagging and automated data center information management (DCIM) software to tag and track data center assets.
- Get better information about your datsa center assets. IT pros are encouraged to make sure they have a good DCIM solution in place to correctly capture all necessary asset data and create a central repository
- Get a better process. It’s important to establish accurate and efficient data center asset management procedures that can be followed by the entire operations staff.
- Get a happy crew. Data center audits can drag down productivity and affect morale when assets are incorrectly tagged. “You want to avoid a mutiny? Get this part fixed,” says Consoli.
- Get better tools. Using a clipboard, pencil and a flashlight is often the default for data center audits. Better tools include RFID tags and scanners to tag and track automate the process.
- Get your data center ship on course. One small change can make a world of difference for asset management. Consoli recommends developing a specific plan of action that will involve every new asset that comes into the data center. “Trying to tackle all the existing assets can be overwhelming,” he says. “Try starting with new assets and including existing assets over time. Don’t try to boil the ocean”.
This webinar has been recorded! Get it on demand!
Executive Vice President –
John Consoli is Executive Vice President of Asset Vue and a recognized subject matter expert on IT Asset Management (ITAM) and Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM). He has published on the topics and is a frequent speaker at industry conferences. He has more than 25 years of experience in the data center industry, developing, directing and implementing direct and channel sales strategies.
No Limits Software
David Cole, a recognized industry leader in data center management solutions, founded No Limits Software in 2009. After 3 years of development, No Limits Software introduced its RaMP DCIM solution in 2011. Working with hardware partners, No Limits Software introduced an intelligent cabinet solution in 2013. David Cole brings more than 25 years of data center management and software / firmware / hardware development experience to No Limits Software. The development team includes senior developers and test engineers with decades of experience in real-time device monitoring and data center management solutions.
Fill out the form below to view this webinar recording on demand!